Dear UMW Student,
Welcome back from Spring Break! The University of Mary Washington is committed to preventing and improving our response to matters of sexual and interpersonal violence, and to do this we need your help. To enhance our response and prevention efforts, all students, who are 18 and over, are asked to participate in UMW’s Student Climate Survey on Sexual Violence Safety Perceptions, Knowledge, Attitudes, and Prevalence. The survey will be available March 19-April 20, 2018.
If you choose to participate, below is the link and some information:
- To access the survey, please click on or copy and paste the following anonymous link into your browser:
- Because we value your time and feedback, students who complete the survey will be prompted to complete an optional form, which will be used to randomly select approximately 10 participants for prizes. While the form asks for your name and email address, only in an attempt to enter you in the drawing and contact you if you win, the form will not be linked to the climate survey. UMW staff will be unable to pair your name to your responses, thereby maintaining the anonymity of the climate survey.
- Your participation in this survey is completely voluntary and anonymous. While the form asks for your name and email address, this is only in an attempt to enter you in the drawing and contact you if you win, the form will not be linked to the climate survey.
- The survey is conducted online, must be completed in one sitting, and has been tested to ensure accessibility and 508 Compliance.
- A list of campus and local resources for help, more education and other forms of assistance is provided via On Campus and Off Campus Resources (email refers to Attachment F). Furthermore, more information about the risks and benefits as well as the voluntary nature of your participation is also provided via the Information for Participants (email refers to Attachment E).
If you have any questions about the administration of this survey, please contact Britnae Purdy, MA at firstname.lastname@example.org, 540-654-5655.
Thank you for your time!
Tiffany W. Oldfield, J.D.
Title IX Coordinator