Complainant (Survivors)

The University of Mary Washington is concerned with your health and well-being. If you or someone you know is a victim of Prohibited Conduct of any kind, you are strongly urged to seek immediate assistance. See resources on campus and off campus to receive support in reporting, housing accommodations, academic accommodations, information on the campus disciplinary process, medical assistance, No Contact Orders (within the University), Order of Protection (through law enforcement) and any other assistance you may need.

Prohibited Conduct violates UMW’s policy and Federal civil rights law and may also be subject to criminal prosecution. Information about UMW’s policy on Sexual and Gender-based Harassment and Other Forms of Interpersonal Violence may be found within the current Student Handbook or on the current policy board document. Please make a report to the University and to the Law Enforcement. More information on different ways to report is listed on the report page. UMW does offer a support group on campus through the Talley Center for Counseling Services. More information on the group can be found on the flyer or by contacting the Talley Center for Counseling Services.

UMW is committed to fostering a community that promotes prompt reporting of all types of Prohibited Conduct and timely and fair resolution of Prohibited Conduct complaints. Prohibited Conduct violates UMW’s tradition of honor and integrity and will not be tolerated.

Please reach out to us and/or one of the confidential resources (on/off campus). We want to know how we can support you.