Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 prohibits discrimination based on sex in education programs or activities including academic, educational, extracurricular, athletic, and other programs or activities of schools. This prohibition includes discrimination against pregnant and parenting students. Students may request reasonable accommodations that are necessary due to the student’s pregnancy. As each situation is unique, please contact the Interim Title IX Coordinator, Terri Arthur, at firstname.lastname@example.org (540) 654-2051, with any questions and for additional resources and support.
- Interim Title IX Coordinator
- Terri Arthur
- Phone: (540) 654-2051
- Student Health Center
- Lee Hall Room 112
- Phone: (540) 654-1040
- The Talley Center for Counseling Services (undergraduate services)
- Lee Hall Room 106 and Tyler House
- Phone: (540) 654-1053
- The Pregnant Scholar
- Department of Education: Supporting the Academic Success of Pregnant and Parenting Students
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How Do I Request Accommodations?
- You may request accommodations by contacting the Interim Title IX Coordinator, Terri Arthur, at (540) 654-2051 or email@example.com.
- What Type of Accommodations May I Request?
- Specific accommodations will vary from person to person. Examples of accommodations may include space accommodations, class accommodations, and excused absences and medical leave due to pregnancy or childbirth for as long as medically necessary.
- How Do I Report Harassment or Discrimination Due to Pregnancy?
- You may report harassment of discrimination due to pregnancy by contacting the Interim Title IX Coordinator, Terri Arthur, at (540) 654-2051 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information on your rights as a pregnant or parenting student, see the Department of Education: Know Your Rights: Pregnant or Parenting? Resource Guide.